2.28.5. The operational materials recommended for application
Volvo recommends for application the following types of operational materials:
1) for application in transmissions the following materials (oils have to comply with technical requirements of Dexron II E/Dexron III or Ford Mercon):
— in mechanical M3P/M5P five-speed transmissions synthetic Volvo oil for transmissions No. 3345534-6;
— in mechanical M56 five-speed transmissions synthetic Volvo oil for transmissions No. 1161423;
— in mechanical F5M45 five-speed transmissions synthetic Volvo oil for transmissions No. 11615207;
— in automatic transmissions synthetic Volvo oil for transmissions No. 1381167-4;
2) for application in the hydraulic booster of steering — ATF oil. In an alternative case if the car is operated mainly in areas with temperatures below 0 °C, use Pentosin CHT 11 S.
3) for application in a hydraulic contour of the brake system and a hydraulic actuator of coupling brake fluid a class not below DOT 4+.
4) for application in the air conditioning system — R134a coolant. For lubricant of system of a konditsinirovaniye No. 1161407 ZXL 100 PG (PAG) oil
5) for application as fuel automobile unleaded gasoline with octane number (according to the DIN 51600 standard):
— on engines of all cars (except B4204T5) AI95 gasoline;
— on B4204T5 engines — AI98;
— in case of need minimum admissible octane number of the applied automobile gasoline — AI91.