2.17.4. System of heating and ventilation with automatic control of climate
Fig. 2.39. Elements of the control panel of heating and ventilation with automatic control of climate: 1 — the regulator of speed control of the fan; 2 — the selector switch of the modes; 3 — the regulator of temperature of the given air; 4 — the switch of an electrical heating of back glass and external rear-view mirrors; 5 — the air recirculation mode switch; 6 — the air conditioning mode switch
The system of heating and ventilation with automatic control of climate has the corresponding control panel (fig. 2.39)
Description of purpose of various elements of this control panel of heating and ventilation of salon:
1) the regulator of speed control of the fan has 5 provisions corresponding to various speeds of its work (respectively: 0 — выкл, 5 — the highest speed of operation of the fan);
The air conditioning system does not work in position "0" of the regulator of the fan.
2) selector switch of the modes of various directions of intake of air. The switch can be installed in any intermediate position between the designated modes. The corresponding pictograms of the modes have the following appointment:
— distribution of air is regulated automatically;
— air moves through air vents in salon;
— the maximum air supply on wind and side glasses (in this situation the mode of recirculation of air is inaccessible and if the switch of the fan is installed in position of AUT, the fan works at the maximum speed), at the same time is used the air conditioning system;
— air moves to a floor and to wind and to side glasses;
— air moves only in legs to the driver and the forward passenger;
— air moves in legs to the driver and the forward passenger and through air vents in salon;
3) the regulator of temperature of the given air allows to establish the corresponding temperature of the given air;
4) heater of back glass, heaters of external rear-view mirrors.
At the switched-off mode of heating the LED indicator lights up;
5) air recirculation mode switch;
6) air conditioning switch. At the included position of the switch (the recommended usual situation) the air conditioning system is in working order.
The automatic system of regulation of climate (ECC) automatically maintains the required temperature in the car irrespective of temperature of external air. The system itself finds the most bystry way from all available for achievement of the required temperature.
The chosen temperature depends on such physical factors as air speed, humidity, sunlight brightness which influence salon and a body of the car.
Additional recommendations about management of system of regulation of climate
For the most comfortable use of system of automatic control of climate there are following recommendations:
1) for receiving optimum automatic influence extreme side air vents always leave open. Irrespective of position of regulators of air an air quantity always arrives through air vents if they are open. That the air stream to a floor or windows was maximum, close air vents. If side windows mist over, open two extreme side air vents. To reach the most comfortable temperature in the car in cold weather, it is necessary to close the air vents located in the center;
2) optimum automatic work is reached at the put into operation air conditioning system. Air conditioning can be used at the ambient temperatures reaching values freezing points are a little bit higher;
3) do not close the solar sensor located in the top part of the dashboard behind bars of a loudspeaker from the passenger — on the block of regulation of climate the wrong information will arrive.
4) water smudges under the car can be caused by condensation as a result of work of system of maintenance of climate in hot weather. This normal phenomenon.
5) delete snow and leaves from inlet openings of system of heating;
6) at detection of serious malfunction of the air conditioning system all light-emitting diodes in system blink during 20 pages. If at repeated launch of the engine serious malfunction remains, it is necessary to address the closest dealer of Volvo.
Fig. 2.40. Automatic configuration of a control system of climate
For automatic configuration it is necessary to install systems of regulation of climate the fan switch in the provision of "AUT", and the selector switch of the modes — in position of AUT and to choose the necessary temperature (fig. 2.40)
. The fan will automatically choose the most suitable speed.
Fig. 2.41. Optimum control of a control system of climate against fogging of windows
For prevention of fogging and frosting wind and side glasses it is necessary to switch the regulator of distribution of air to the provision of the maximum air supply on wind and side glasses, and the fan regulator in position of AUT (fig. 2.41)
. Air conditioning at the same time joins automatically.
The pure internal surfaces of glasses help to avoid fogging.