10.3. Safety locks
For protection of elements of electric equipment fuses of several types are used.
4 different types of safety locks are installed in the S40/V40 cars:
1) a big safety lock with screw connection (120 A);
2) big safety locks with flat conclusions;
3) normal safety locks;
4) tiny safety locks (only in salon).
Fig. 10.2. Safety locks of blocks 1 and 2: 1 — block 1 safety locks; 2 — block 2 safety locks
In the block 1 (fig. 10.2)
established in a motor compartment there are following safety locks:
1) main safety lock of a starter and generator (120 A);
2) several safety locks on higher current for subsystems;
3) usual safety locks for different components.
Are in the block 2 installed under the dashboard near a rack:
1) all safety locks located after the ignition lock;
2) several safety locks are located directly in power supply chain.
Some elements of system are protected by several consistently established safety locks.
The main safety lock (1/1), then safety lock (1/2) power supply of the block of safety locks/relay under the dashboard, then a safety lock (2/13) in the block of the relay of illumination of salon.