Fig. 10.1. Blocks of the relay and their arrangement on the car: 1 — the block in a motor compartment; 2 — the block in the dashboard; 3 — the block under the dashboard; 4 — separately installed relays
In these cars there are three main units of the relay (fig. 10.1)
. In two of them (1 and 2) fuses are installed.
The first block of safety locks/relay is located in a motor compartment, the second — under the dashboard, near a rack, and the third is established on a cross-piece under the dashboard. The last two are always located on the party of the driver.
Also in system there are several separate relays located in different points, for example the relay of automatic lowering of glass at the driver's doors.
In the block 1 of safety locks/relay installed in a motor compartment there are following components:
1) relay of a control system of the engine;
2) conditioner compressor relay;
3) the relay of the fan of cooling of the engine operated by a control system of the engine;
4) the relay of the fan of cooling of the engine operated via the air conditioning system;
5) relay of the electric motor of the fan of cooling of the condenser;
6) relay of headlights.
In the block 2 of safety locks/relay installed in the dashboard there are following components:
1) relay of a heater of back glass;
2) fan electric motor relay;
3) relay of indexes of turn;
4) the timer of illumination of salon (on a back part of the block).
Several relays are in the separate block of 3 relays under the dashboard near the block 2 of safety locks/relay:
1) the relay of system of the centralized locking;
2) the relay of system of the centralized locking of a door of a back;
3) starter relay;
4) relay of a washer/cleaner of back glass;
5) relay of the electric drive of window regulators.
There are also some of separately installed relays:
1) the relay 4 at the driver's doors for automatic lowering of glass;
2) the relay of a faltering operating mode in the glass cleaner switch;
3) the relay of the air pump (under the air pump).